Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Strategem reinforcement?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:30 pm 
Big One

Ok so I got my codex a bit early and some of the stratagem have the ability to add units to the game already in play. Now we had a chaos player with a similar stratagem to redeploy a dead unit. If we follow the core book you have to set points aside in order to do this. However the stratagem's have tendency to warp the core rules and inturn the chaos player was resurrecting the dead squad for free. Essentially giving him a additional 150pts (rough guess, I have no idea what the unit cost) to the game.

Now our tervigon has what can be considered two abilities adding a new unit and reinforcing one still in play. Depending which one you use, you get models for free the other your paying roughly 50pts before the game starts.

Now the key question is do you have to set points for the stratagem's ability to add units or can we exploit the 100pts every turn adding to our feild.

As much as I would love to add free units I want to be reasonable and think it's intended to require reinforcement points pregame.

Post subject: Re: Strategem reinforcement?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 am 
Hatchling

I am actually of the mindset that for three command points, those models are being paid for. Unless you get pretty lucky with Feeder Tendrils strategem, you won't be able to keep that kind of expenditure up.

Post subject: Re: Strategem reinforcement?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:42 am 
Big One

then you understand my interest, its not a game winning ability but its is however a game changing if its negotiable. personally, i run most 1500+games with 12 command points if not more so every turn 5 genestealer's on top of the fact you can use stratagems every phase, not just once a turn. potential 20 a turn if you dump them out right