Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hive Tyrant rending claw examples for new edition.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm 
Biotitan

Hello... Long time no post/see hehe. I've been out of the loop for a long while, and still don't have the energy that I used to, but some of my older conversions are suddenly legal in a good way lol. I just used the rending claws for gap fillers, and these days, rending claws are one of our best melee options paired with guns. So I thought I would share examples of what one could do with rending claws on Tyrants. I need to start blogging again too now that I do have space to set up a photo booth, but for now, bad cellphone photos.

[Open in new window]

If you have spare trygon/tervigon chest talons, they make great rending claw digits. If you don't want scything talons on your flyrant, you can chop the talons off, heaving a "hoof" and then stick the claw bits on (this was inspired by one of mollocs flyrants that is pouncing like an eagle). I'm not taking the devourer off this guy. I worked too hard on that conversion to just snap it off because of GW's horrible rules comparing devourers/deathspitters (imo that was bad/sloppy).

And because of deathspitters being the new king, I was able to do a little snip-snip and re-arming of this bloke, because its old config does not exist anymore.

[Open in new window]

If you have harpy weapon arms left over, along with tyrant guard rending claws, you can bash together this combo pretty easily with some minor gap filling and sculpting. The tricky part is cutting the deathspitter weapon off its parent arms and transplanting them onto the harpy weapon arms. You do have a bit of choice with tyrant guard rending claw poses. There is the one with the ripped off marine head too if you want to make a statement lol.

As for my other tyrants, going to wait for the new book because I really don't know how I want them to look...

Post subject: Re: Hive Tyrant rending claw examples for new edition.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 pm 
Zoatibix

Woohoo! Good to see you back, Madame KrewL! Inspiring us with great work as always. :)