Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What's on your workbench?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:20 pm 
Zoatibix

So, as some people have noted, things have been quiet here recently. Nothing wrong with that - we're all busy people with busy lives.

But, in an effort to generate some activity, here's a question: what nid-related projects are you working on at the moment?

I'm currently (but slowly, since I paint at the speed of slug) expanding my Fast Attack choices. I'm still working gradually on the gah-goyles, then I'm planning on adding a Red Terror and some raveners (or rather, some of these), which I picked up in a sale a wee while back. :)

How about you, Hive-Siblings? What galactic terrors do you have waiting in the wings?

Post subject: Re: What's on your workbench?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:55 pm 
Big One

I already have about 30 gargoyles but I have 20 more in boxes and then I just need another 10 and then I will have the 60 I want to run a crazy full skytyrant swarm.

I also just placed an order for a barbed hierodule and a bio-titan hierophant so once those arrive that is going to keep me busy and I want to bring one or both to a tournament in Nov.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:16 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

currently a few gargoyles I converted. Then a converted hive crone. Then an exocrine.

Conversions are small though, nothing big

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:38 pm 
Great Devourer

Tyranids and terrain.

The tyranids are the models I left out after my last game at home. There are 5 warriors and 20 hormagaunts that desperately need partial repaints . The hormines just because I haven't touched them since adding the blue to my colour scheme and the warriors were a horrible experiment with a different purple. The gargoyles need heaps of work. And there are all the sporemines from the harpy and sporeocite kits that need basing.

And terrain because it is easier to work on things that I care less about, when I'm not feeling too well. (I like making and painting terrain, I just don't love it in the same way I love some of my armies.)

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:20 am 
Screamer Killer

Tyranid? Do stealer cultists count?

I've been painting up a bunch of the sector Imperialis bases for my stealer cultists. I'm trying to get them out pretty rapidly by priming them black, then airbrushing them white (this could also be done with a can of white primer) focusing on the middle so they're more shadowed around the edges, then just using washes on them. I then pick out some metallic bits, and they look pretty good.

I've also been experimenting with humbrol masking fluid to make them chip/have rust under.

Other than that, I have a row of cultists who have been primed and airbrushed up, but now need to be actually painted.

My next conversions will be the Primus and Patriarch, which I'm converting to resemble characters from The Strain (Quinlan and The Master, if you're familiar).

In non-nid news, I'm working on a second horrific Cronos for my haemonculus coven, some haemonculus reavers, a converted talos venom, and a walking talos that actually incorporates carnifex legs :D

I'll post some pics soon!

Great idea on creating this thread!

Mr_Pink's Tyranid Blog For Art and Sculpting and Stuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:47 pm 
Tyrant Guard

Scratch building 3 tyrannocytes.

Look twice, the first time was a second ago and if it didn't move, you didn't see it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:38 pm 
Tyrant Guard

Working on a couple tyrannocytes

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Interesting what will get put on them. I re-based them once already.

Look twice, the first time was a second ago and if it didn't move, you didn't see it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:53 am 
Little One

Having not touched my Tyranids since the birth of my oldest, some four and a half years ago. My brother in law has assembled an army and has asked me for a game.
Realizing that that I had large gaps in my army composition I have started painting up more units. Mainly gaunts, I currently work on gaunts ... and more gaunts. With two rippers to take care of work is progressing slowly. But there is at least progress. :)