Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Some works in progress
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:01 am 
Biomass

Hey all, I've been going through a modeling kick lately and here's what's come of it.

First, a complete rip off of a brilliant conversion I saw on these boards not long ago.
Link to inspiration:http://www.warpshadow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16383
Just Hierophantizing a Tyrannofex for no other reason than to make it look far more intimidating. Lengthen the rear legs, replace hooves with claws and fiddle with a Tervigon head a little and Bob's your uncle.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

Next is something that has bothered me about the Haruspex/Exocrine model for a while. The stupid ape fist, middle finger, weird hand pose of the middle limb. It looks dumb. And nothing like how something that shovels people into it's mouth would be doing. So I opened it's hand. Only done the rough in of one side and it still needs green stuff, but looks far more like it would be able to grab and cram something that is less than willing into it's mouth.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

And this little guy? I wouldn't worry about this little guy.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

More progress has been made on it but I haven't taken pictures yet. Will do soon.

Does anyone have any lictor claws (or better yet Deathleaper's claws) they'd be willing to sell me?

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, will update with more of these as the inspiration strikes.

Last edited by Levon12345 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Some works in progress
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:24 am 
Big One

Great stuff. I especially like the "open" hands on the Haruxpex.

hrld

http://www.pocitolocito.com
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Hive-Fleet-Nautilus/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:06 pm 
Great Devourer

Lots of great work there Levon12345.
The hierophantised tyrannofex is clever. The rear 'feet' made from the crushing claws look like they might actually be able to support her weight, and that fixes something I was never fully comfortable with the otherwise beautiful Forgeworld model. You really succeeded in making her more intimidating too. Leaving out the tongue and the two acid sprays makes her look quite malicious.

I must admit that I didn't mind the big middle limbs on the exocrine/haruspex. But that's past tense as now, as I far prefer your mock up here. :D

The bit I like most about the converted lictor head is how recessed the eyes are. It looks quite evil, which is perfect.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:01 am 
Biomass

Update on the lictor.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

Thank you both for the praise. It's nice to receive after years of lurking.

Like I said, the tyrannofex was a theft of a great idea. I put the link in the original post to give credit where it's due, but I am very happy with how it turned out. The stock t-fex just looks boring beside it now.

The haruspex hand was actually born from me loving the design of the model itself and seeing how the pose completely covered the interesting things up. I was actually impressed how GW design team made it have two spines and the two fused pelvis/ tail areas that also showed in the rear legs. Then they ruined it by putting the model in a mono pose with those giant arms blocking view of the neat design. The other arm is going to be reposed so that's not an issue. Probably reaching forward or in a pose that suggests it's actually moving forward. I'll have to stare at the bits a while longer.

I am really glad you said something about the eyes of the lictor as I'm really proud I pulled that off. I stared at the lictors I have and tried to emulate that evil, foreboding look they have. It definitely stems from the eyes. It's downright sinister.

Now I just have to not screw up the last bit of greenstuff for the "hood" bit over the head and maybe bulk the legs slightly so they stay in proportion. Using a left over ravener chest definitely takes this lictor to beefcake status. I didn't take very good pictures of the legs relative to the body but any feedback would be appreciated. Also, anyone have any lictor mantis claws surplus to their needs? I'd pay handsomely.

Thanks again Hive Mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm 
Little One

That Haruspex reminds me of a great big frog. I love it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:05 pm 
Hatchling

I like the use of the ravener torso! That's definitely going into my list of ideas to steal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:17 pm 
Biomass

Squigsquasher wrote:
That Haruspex reminds me of a great big frog. I love it!

My god, you're right!
[Open in new window]

StealthVulture wrote:
I like the use of the ravener torso! That's definitely going into my list of ideas to steal.

Do it. They're really handy and you get so many in a box. I used them to make these things as well. I forgot to put those in the original post. Some kind of warrior variant I made with a healthy dose of velociraptor. And that was before I watched Jurassic World. The Divergent Evolution forum helped out on some rules or I just use them as counts as raveners.

"Finished" one. Still need to replace the claws with some warrior talons.
[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

WIP. Just details on the gun and finishing the hooves and tail left on this one.
[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:30 pm 
Biomass

Well my lictor is done barring claws. Anyone have some I can buy off them? Lictor/Deathleaper (preferred) claws desperately needed to finish this.

Just finished the hood. Apologies for the washed out photos. The lens on the ole phone is getting pretty scratched up.
[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

Size comparison. It's big.
[Open in new window]

I'll finish the Haruspex hands sometime in the future. That and the last raptor thingy are my last greenstuff projects. Just painting. So much painting to do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:47 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

Looks good. Keep up the good work!

Hive Fleet Charybdis