Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Anti-Aircraft 'Nid
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:03 pm 
Little One

Just checking, is that sarcasm? I'm sorry, I'm dreadful with picking up tone over the internet. (I must admit, I'm not hugely satisfied with it myself- I think it needs a great deal of work...)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:19 pm 
Great Devourer

Squigsquasher wrote:
Just checking, is that sarcasm? I'm sorry, I'm dreadful with picking up tone over the internet.
No I actually like it as a basis for an energy/plasma ball thingy. :)
And don't worry Squigsquasher, even in real life most people have trouble telling when I'm being sarcastic. While they sound wildly different to me, apparently my sarcastic voice and my regular speaking voice are identical. ;)

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:48 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

I agree with Yale, that's really a neat idea. I don't think I've ever seen it done like that before, and it... well, for as far as I can tell in my mind's eye on how it will look in the end, all painted up, it'll work perfectly.

Maybe I can steal that idea for a chaos objective marker.... hmmm

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:43 am 
Little One

Necromancy ahoy!

Just to let you guys know, I'm not dead and neither is the Teslacrine. It's just resting! Pining for the fjords!

In all seriousness, life is kinda hectic at the moment for a bunch of reasons I don't want to go into. What I can say is that I'm almost certainly going to be moving house at some point soon, which will be a problem. Also, like the filthy traitor I am I've been distracted from the Hive Mind by my emerging Chaos projects.

HOWEVER

As soon as the Tyranid mojo returns (which will probably be after I move) I will resume work on the gurt ugly critter. I have actually done SOME work on it (reworking the legs and more ribs primarily) but not much. On the plus side, I do have a proper camera at long, long last, so the awful grox-dung quality pictures are a thing of the past.

Anyway, have some shiny new pics...revealing every flaw with my meagre sculpting skills. Sorry about the massive image size BTW.

[Open in new window]

Had to tear the back legs off as I'm completely reworking them. The front legs have been redone as well, with the talons growing driectly from the leg as opposed to being attached to the fused "hand". Hard to explain, makes sense in the pic. Makes him look more stable anyway.

[Open in new window]

Better view of the legs showing what I've done. Did more rib work too. Nearly done...ooh the agony...

[Open in new window]

Attached the rear set of bio-electrical spines. There will be another pair, and all four will hold the previously shown generator symbiote on its back.

[Open in new window]

Face. Added one of the "rhinoceros beetle horns" from the 'Fex kit to the head. And yes I know the frontmost ribs are dreadful, I need to go back over them.

[Open in new window]

Close up on dem ribs.

Things to do:

>Tidy up front legs
>Redo the back legs
>Finish ribs
>Sand down all the lumps and bumps
>Sculpt spine/waist
>Finish up the claws
>Attach electrical spines

Also, for those that are wondering, here's a shot of a WIP Mawloc to give you an idea of how she'll be painted.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

So uh, yeah. Sorry for the necrothread.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:43 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

hey Squigs.

No worries about the thread necroing. I'm still eager to see what will happen with this beastie, I think the idea is innovative and interesting!

I hope your real life worries are over the worst part, and hope happiness and much modelling will find you soon!

Hive Fleet Charybdis