[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warpshadow.com • View topic - Warpshadow Table Build: The Infestation of Casavant Prime

Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:38 pm 
Malanthrope of the Admins

We have been exploring two options for water effects. One is a clear resin, the other is a clear-amber. The first is more expensive, mixes by weight, has irritant fumes and very exo-thermic. But it is clear, so can tint it whatever colour is desired - blue, green, brown, depending on the water. The second is cheaper, mixes by volume and has a very slight brownish tinge. Much more forgiving in handling, but already slight colour, so not as modeling friendly....

And as I did not get out to the crypt today, I too am waiting for information on progress.....

Okay, just checked by inbox, and Lo.

And that was Friday night progress, Sat and Sun to come. Then again, we could simply wait and post the results of Games Day next Saturday. probably easier on my tired old hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:19 pm 
Screamer Killer

How's this for service? Back to back updates!

First off, I want to apologize for not being so forth coming with detailed progress shots of this project as we've been working on it. We tend to go at it in bursts, and between those bursts the table very much resides in Thanatos' basement, which is a good 60km from where I live. And, once actually in Thanatos' basement, one finds that it is a hole of the darker and danker variety ( :wink: ), not conducive to taking good/accurate photos! I actually brought my own lamp to paint by this weekend so that I could get some light!

With that out of the way, I can now happily inform you all that the table is DONE!

It took a solid Friday Night, Saturday Night, Sunday Day go at it, but, sparing a few small things I have to paint on my own end, it is all down, together, and painted up! For this I really must thank the Phage Queen and Brother Pink for lending their services. Without them we would have been lost. There is also Adam, without whom we would be resin-less.

Okay, enough gum flapping. Onto the photos!

First off, this one is .

He won't be featuring on the board this year, but perhaps if we do another board next year we can incorpotate him.

The went to town on the of our board, and Brother Pink created entirely from random city sprues.

Here's the barricades getting repurposed as a .

Here are some , all painted up and ready for the final touch of the atmospheric processors.

Due to the resin setting, we couldn't put all the boards together for a final shot when they were all done the paint stage. When they're together, you'll notice that we set up the various tyranid fortifications to ring the atmospheric processors in a very Tyranid Stonehenge kind of look.

If you're looking to make a splash at Games Day, your board has got to have some gimicks. So, you ask, what gimicks did we choose to use?

and

Unfortunately, we don't have any photos of the lit up atmospheric processors yet because that's one of the things I still need to finish painting! We're all looking forward to seeing the table all lit up at GD next weekend, and we'll be sure to get some photos of it

After some initial hang ups caused by mixing resin with paint, Adam did a masterful job of pouring it all with surprisingly little leakage. What's more, Accommodator will be glad to hear that we did it using the cheaper, "amber" resin (which very much looked clear to me and everyone else involved), so he can return his rich man's resin ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:22 pm 
Screamer Killer

"The update you are trying to post is too fat..."

Apparently the forum is hating me tonight, so let's try this in two halves:

And, of course, where there's resin, there's that use it as cover to sneak up on weak hummies.

Here's a happy guardsman, .

"Ummm, sir? I'm getting some pretty strange readings."

Enter Bob, the

As well as the rest of .

Though Hydra contributed Bob, the whole idea for the guardsmen getting ambushed in the canal sprung fromin the sketch
competition last month. as I would have liked to the sketch, but it's a start.

I'm pretty happy with how the whole diorama turned out, and I think it ads a lot to the narrative side of the board. A big thanks to Vermis and Hydra for having inspired it!

Last edited by Mr_Pink on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:23 pm 
Screamer Killer

Finally, can I just say how utterly chuffed to bits I am with how well the mycetic spores ? I'm glad we were able to realize that had been for so long. When checking them out, don't miss the . EW!

To add to the creepy factor with the spores, we elected to dribble some slimy resin down the inside and pool some in their impact craters.

And that's all for now. I'll be sure to take many more at Games Day.

At this point, I'm happy to be able to be, essentially, done. When we realized GW was allowing club boards early May and decided to start on this, I had my doubts about whether or not we'd get it accomplished before June 21. Yet, here we are--a week early no less! I'm glad we had the mad idea because it really pushed me personally to finishe sculpting some stuff I'd been working on slowly for some time (and it forced me to paint the stuff, too!).

Thank you all for being so supportive along the way, and I'm glad board members who don't live in the GTA are eager to have some small part in this. When we plan our table for next year (and, oh yes, we're already thinking about it!), we'll be sure to tell you all early so that we can get some small contributions like Hydra's from more board members!

That's it! I need sleep!

-Love and Tentacles,
Mr_Pink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:49 pm 
Winged Hive Tyrant

Fantastic project, by it's huge inspiration and quality but also because of its team spirit !

Count me in for the next one !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:09 am 
Hatchling

This looks great, I'm really impressed by how it turned out. Now that I'm back on track, I look forward to contributing at least something next year.

Post subject: w00t!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 am 
Great Devourer

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 am 
Hydraphant

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 pm 
The Red Terror

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:52 pm 
Screamer Killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 pm 
Tyranid Squig!

See my Gallery Here.
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetWormwood/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:00 pm 
Trygon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:37 pm 
Monstrosity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:48 pm 
Big One

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:18 am 
Big One

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next